Senior Financial Controller - Forecasting and SG&A Manager
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Financial Controller to join us at our head office in Leeds. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to influence the Performance Management team and be the link to the Commercial Finance team. The role reports to the Head of Performance Management & Strategic Finance and will be a key player in creating the foundation for a proactive performance management culture in the UK commercial area. This role will also provide exposure to colleagues across the wider finance community and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels is important for this role.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Driving the administrative cost agenda - forecasting, reporting and business partnering
- Preparing SG&A Forecast for UK Zone. Consolidating forecast for total UK commercial activities
- Performing variance analysis - both on actuals and forecasts
- Finalising the numbers at month end - controlling variances and attending sign-off meetings
- Taking responsibility for the monthly management report and Europe Zone submissions
- Preparing performance dialogue presentations for a range of purposes at different levels
- Developing reporting to support the performance management dialogue
- Other ad-hoc analysis
To be successful in this role you will be a self-driven, qualified accountant with a pro-active approach to your work. You will have strong, effective communication skills and will be able to build positive relationships throughout the business and will be comfortable working in a matrix structure. With good organisational skills you will be able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines. You will also have exceptional Microsoft office skills and will be a confident Excel user. Knowledge of SAP/BW and experience of working with rolling forecasts in a complex environment would also be an advantage.