Commercial Finance Manager
Competitive basic salary and company benefits
Thomas J Fudge’s Remarkable Bakery was founded in 1916 and remains a proud family business with a tradition of baking truly remarkable sweet & savoury biscuits.
Key accounts include Marks & Spencer, Waitrose and Tesco, providing both branded and own label high quality bakery products.
Acquired by Livingbridge in April 2016, the business has entered and exciting new stage of growth. With this in mind, the business is looking to appoint a Finance Manager on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will ensure the accurate and timely financial and management information to the management team.
Accounting & Compliance
- Primarily responsible for the preparation of the accounting books and records
- Preparation and submission of monthly management accounts for internal and external reporting purposes, working to reporting deadlines
- Prepare supporting schedules and reports for the end of month
- Deliver accurate and timely weekly reporting
- Daily / weekly cash forecasting and monitoring
- Deliver monthly and weekly payroll
- To establish, maintain & document robust control processes; ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a timely basis
- Ensure compliance with statutory reporting including Customs & Excise, Central Statistics and other government regulatory bodies
- Support the Finance Director throughout the Audit process and in the preparation of statutory accounts
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Provide decision support, analysis and reporting for the commercial team
- Support the commercial with sales forecasting and S&OP process
- Work closely with the costing accountant to deliver accurate forecasts
- Support the regular forecasts and budget processes as directed
- Provision of management information and analysis in response to specific requests
Process Change & Improvements
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies whilst increasing the quality and accuracy
- Drive the systematic use and improvement of the Sage ERP tool to support business analysis and reporting requirements
- Document and develop systems and control procedures and policies
- To be responsible for developing Accounts Assistants, providing appraisal, and support for training to ensure that they are productive and effective
The role will suit a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) that is looking to be proactive, work hard, go the extra mile and contribute to the rapid expansion of a dynamic company. Thomas J Fudge’s is an environment for someone with the right approach - practical, positive and pacey in a style which is courteous, respectful and yet robust.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth experience in producing Management Accounts, along with experience in commercial and decision support across a variety of teams. Ideally with a manufacturing background you will have strong academics, educated to degree level, be systems literate – Sage ERP, will have good interpersonal skills and will see this as an ideal opportunity to extend their career within this exciting branded business.
- Professional approach
- Results orientated / focussed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Good time management / ability to prioritise
- Flexible and adaptable
- Remarkable “can do” attitude
- Remarkable team player
Please kindly note that our retaining client does not wish to be approached by recruitment consultancies and all third party CV’s sent directly will be passed to us at Firefly Human Capital.
Due to the large number of applicants we receive from web based job advertisements it our policy only to contact candidates that have the relevant skill sets for our current portfolio of clients.
If you do not receive a reply you have not been successful this time but please do not hesitate to contact us again in the future.