Credit Analytics Manager
Reporting into the UK Finance Director, you will business partner the Head of Customer Payments and their team.
This is a senior role leading a team, with responsibility for reporting, explaining performance, forecasting and identifying opportunities to improve our Credit Management analytics and processes. As part of this you will have extensive interaction with Senior Managers and Directors including the Chief Operating Officer and UK Managing Director.
This is a highly commercial role and requires someone with the credibility to challenge and influence decisions at a senior level.
Areas of specific responsibility
- Deliver, develop and enhance weekly reporting – making it more automated, robust, timely and insightful
- Build strong business relationships with stakeholders including the Customer Payments Team, Senior Managers and Directors while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Make recommendations to Senior Management / Director level on credit and collections issues and improvement opportunities, identifying insight from our data.
- Presenting to a wide range of audiences with both technical and non-technical skill sets
- Sharing best practice from external sources and within the business
- Work closely with Customer Payments management to understand, forecast and track the performance of new initiatives and operational activities
- Innovating to introduce new insight and analytics techniques, data sources, data visualisation and new areas of their implementation, in order to continuously increase value
- Line management, training and development of a team of Finance Credit Analysts
- Liaising with external suppliers to understand and challenge performance
The desirable candidate will have
- At least 3 years experience Business Partnering a Credit Management team in a Mass Market Consumer business
- Proven experience in helping the business to deliver tangible credit control improvements
- An inquisitive approach to problem solving and desire to challenge the status quo to improve performance
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Extensive experience dealing with both Senior Management and Directors
- At least 3 years team leadership experience
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of best practice and regulatory requirements in the collections arena
- A qualification in either accountancy, credit management or MI / FP&A would be preferred but is not essential.
As well as a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary, you’ll also enjoy 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), stakeholder pension, option to purchase childcare vouchers, and become eligible for our staff energy tariff along with other great ad-hoc offers.
We believe in putting energy into looking after our teams, so you can choose to benefit from BUPA Private Healthcare, cycle to work scheme, a great working environment with relaxation areas to recharge your batteries and free soft drinks available all day. We also have “Fruity Friday” where fresh fruit is available every week for all employees.