£40,000 - £45,000
Investigo are currently recruiting a newly created Financial Controller position for Southern Communications, suitable for a newly qualified accountant from one of the Top 50 accountancy firms looking for a first move out of practice. Established in 1965, Southern Communications provides SME businesses across the UK with a range of services including mobile and fixed-line rentals, broadband and cloud hosting alongside sale, installation and maintenance of telephone systems. The objective is simple – to become the preferred telecom solution provider for SME businesses in Southern England, backed up by market leading customer service. Southern Communications has seen rapid expansion over the past five years with a turnover growing from £10m to £32m making it one of the fastest growing UK independent communications companies. Growth has been attributable to a well thought out and executed plan that has combined organic growth with a strong acquisition programme.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join a dynamic and fast-paced business with plans to double revenues in the next 3-5 years. As part of a small and efficient finance team you will be responsible for the putting together management accounts and financial reports for the portfolio of companies, as well as becoming involved in ongoing improvement and new initiative projects across the group. This role reports directly into the Finance Director and has a dotted line to the Commercial Director.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts packs for a portfolio of companies
- Investigating and analysing trends for the senior management team
- Providing hands-on technical support for any accounting queries
- Responsibility for leading and motivating a growing team of accounts staff
- Business planning and modelling for future acquisition projects
- Active part of the acquisition and integration team in terms of consolidating new businesses into the Group and aligning financial processes
- Overseeing day to day processing of invoices, bank reconciliations and VAT returns
- Ad hoc project work, e.g. roll out of new accounting software
- Newly qualified ACA/ACCA Qualified accountant from Top 50 Accounting firm looking for first move out of practice
- Technically competent and strong accounting background
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and leadership ability
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Must have flexibility to travel to multi sites including Croydon, Bristol, London and Birmingham
This is an ideal opportunity for an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant from a smaller firm looking for a first move out of practice to join an exciting and fast growing organisation with great exposure and career progression opportunities.
For a further confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Kate Chodak Any speculative agency CVs will be forward to this email address.