£40,000 - £50,000 + bens
Michael Page has been engaged exclusively to work with this high growth SME to find a technically competent Financial Controller. The role will act as the number two to the Group FD and will manage a small team in the accounts department.
Details about the Client
My client is a clear market leader driven by the enthusiasm and charisma of the owner and the board. With operations in the UK, America, Africa and Australia, there is clear opportunity for further business growth both organically and through acquisition. This is an incredibly exciting time to join the organisation with progression through to FD a medium term plan from his role.
My client has an innovative range of product that has a global customer base.
Detailed Job Description
The Financial Controller will be key for the business, accountable for the daily management and control of the business' balance sheet, cashflow and financial statements. You will act as the number two for the Financial Director, leading a finance team of seven that will take accountability for:
• Maintaining of control and accuracy of the businesses Accounting and Triple Bottom Line Reporting including sustainability and longevity
• Budgets and Forecasts looking forward with particular focus on performance
• Identifying and implementation of improvements to systems and processes
• Cashflow and Treasury Management
• Preparation for the monthly Finance board report
• Leading the process of monthly financial and management accounts along with the annual statutory accounts preparation and VAT
As the Financial Controller, you will have the opportunity to lead and consolidate the financials for a growing international business working closely with the Board. There is an expectation that the successful candidate will have worked in a technical accounting position previously whilst demonstrating the personality, gravitas and leadership skills to challenge and influence. Other desirable attributes/qualities include:
• Strong financial accounting background supported ideally by a practice background
• Being a qualified level accountant ideally ACA or ACCA but CIMA will also be considered
• Ability to lead, develop and motivate a small team
• Strong communication skills to all levels
• High levels of attention to detail
• Ability to self-motivate and drive change
• A working knowledge for the FMCG market would be a distinct advantage
What's on offer
£40,000 - £50,000 per annum + benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13765112Z