Head of Capital
c£70,000 plus benefits
Genesis Housing is looking to appoint a Head of Capital that will report into the Director of Corporate Finance, the role will be based in their Central London office.
Details about the Client
Genesis Housing is one of the country's leading providers of Social Housing.
They own and manage over 33,000 properties across London and the east of England with several thousand in development. The organisation offers a wide range of housing options, including affordable rented, temporary, supported, shared ownership properties and management & maintenance services.
Detailed Job Description
This is an important role that reports into the Corporate Finance Director. Responsible for all aspects of capital accounting, leading on accounting for the development subsidiary and maintaining the fixed asset register. This is a newly created position that requires someone with substantial knowledge of Capital Accounting.
Key aspects of the role –
- Responsible for all aspects of capital accounting, including taking the lead on producing the fixed assets note and other relevant areas for the annual statutory accounts and the audit liaison for this area, including financial statements for the Special Purpose Development Companies
- Take the lead on accounting for GHA's Development Company ensuring VAT and other tax efficiencies are achieved and accurate accounting is executed, training the Finance and Market & Portfolio's team.
- Overseeing annual capital expenditure forecasting and quarterly reforecasting, including input into updating the GHA Long Term Financial Plan.
- Working with stakeholders to produce monthly and quarterly reports for the Leadership Team and Board on capital spend, presentation and insightful commentary is paramount.
- Through personal leadership and the role modelling of Genesis behaviours, develop and support the ethos and values necessary to deliver the new operating model.
You will be a qualified accountant with extensive technical experience in capital finance reporting, internal control and risk management with the gravitas needed to execute this role. Experience in social housing or other related industries would be ideal.
You will have extensive financial accounting knowledge and ideally exposure to capital accounting within the sector, if not then large scale long term capital investment out of sector. Excellent verbal and written communication is essential, with a natural interest in people and the ability to influence at the highest levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for a specialist in their field to joining a growing business.
What's on offer
£70,000 plus benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13761005Z