Finance and Operations Director
Salary: £65,000 - £80,000
Position Type: Permanent
Michael Page has been engaged exclusively by Freedom Brewery, a fast growing brewery, to recruit a Finance and Operations Director to be based in Staffordshire. This is a key leadership position that will work alongside the Managing Director and will be accountable for delivering the strategic plan and driving improvements and growth.
Details about the Client
Freedom Brewery is a fast growing brewery based in Abbotts Bromley in Staffordshire. Owned and backed by Oakfield Capital Partners since 2013, a Private Equity business based in London, the organisation is looking for a Finance and Operations Director as the key business leader alongside the Managing Director.
Freedom currently has turnover in the region of £3m which has increased by 300% in the last three years. It operates across the UK selling to 600 pubs producing both bottled and draft beers. With 18 employees, new personnel at Board level and high levels of capital investment, the business is primed for its next phase of growth.
Detailed Job Description
The Finance and Operations Director will be accountable for all non-sales and marketing related operations within the business. You will sit on the board driving strategic decisions and will lead the Senior Management Team to ensure that growth plans are achieved.
The successful candidate will have had board level exposure ideally within a fast-paced environment (e.g. manufacturing/FMCG) with a track-record in delivering growth alongside an MD.
The key duties within the position will include:
• Driving a strategic business plan and actively participate in regular board meetings
• Leading and inspiring a Senior Management team including a Financial Controller, Head Brewer and Operations Manager
• Running all back-office and support functions
• Investment appraisals
• Management of capital projects
The Finance and Operations Director is a high profile and key appointment for Freedom and will focus on driving finance, production and all operations. The ideal candidate will have a track record in leading and influencing non-finance functions whilst achieving growth by focusing on cost, revenue and business processes. The successful individual will have the following attributes:
- Board level leadership skills and the ability to inspire non-finance stakeholders
- Financial acumen and a track record in delivering regular board information whilst leading a small team
- A self-assured character demonstrating intellect and pragmatism
- Understanding of food production would be highly desirable or other FMCG / manufacturing industries
- Ability to work with a variety of external customers including; banks, landlord(s), environmental representatives, suppliers and customers
- Experience in working in a small company environment also highly desirable
What's on offer
£65,000 - £80,000 + Share options and option to buy shares at discounted rate.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13762160Z