Finance Manager - Treasury
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager – Treasury. This is a high profile role within the group finance team with will provide exposure to the executive management team. This position will be responsible for cash flow reporting, managing our banking relationships and managing our investments and foreign exchange exposures. This is a diverse and challenging role for the right candidate with real opportunity for them to put their own mark on the role to manage financial risk and to drive financial discipline within the Group. Working from our Leeds site, this role will report directly into the Group Financial Controller but will also include exposure to the CFO.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Posting of monthly investment journals and the preparation of monthly reporting.
- Management of the relationships with investment managers.
- Input into establishing investment strategy.
- Managing banking relationships.
- Leading on supply chain finance management.
- The authorisation of payments sent from the Accounts Payable and Payroll teams.
- Supervision of cash book posting, managing and developing a team of 2.
- Reviewing monthly bank reconciliations.
- The preparation of 13 week short term cash flow forecasts.
- Foreign exchange management, providing advice to the business.
- Input into establishing of foreign exchange / hedging strategy.
- Pension scheme management and accounting.
- Quarterly VAT returns and reconciliation of VAT accounts.
- Engagement with the procurement teams to monitor rebates.
- Completing customer and supplier credit checks where there is high risk.
- The reconciliation of intercompany loan accounts on a monthly basis.
- Management of process of intercompany trading accounts on a monthly basis.
To be successful in this role you will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with post qualification experience. With excellent at data manipulation, presentation and excel skills you will have stringent attention to detail, taking pride in the quality and accuracy of your work. Diligent and hard-working, you will be confident working under pressure with the ability to challenge processes and approach to deliver efficiencies.
Desirable would be COINS / IFS systems experience along with an understanding of long term contract accounting, as would experience of cash management and banking relationships along with designing and implementing new reporting and management information.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.