Finance Manager - Group
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Manager to work within our Group functions. This high profile role is responsible for managing the P&L and Balance sheet of the Head office only company. This is a diverse and challenging role for the right candidate with a real opportunity for you to put your mark on the position supporting corporate cost centre budget holders and executive board members with insightful information, driving financial discipline within the Group. Based from our Leeds site, this role reports into the Group Financial Controller but will also include exposure to the CFO.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Overall responsibility of head office P&L & Balance sheet (including Group only and Leasing companies).
- Review / preparation of monthly balance sheet for Group and Leasing head office companies – including reporting.
- Review / preparation of balance sheet reconciliations for Group and Leasing head office companies.
- Leading budgeting and forecasting for central cost centres and central trading units.
- Managing and developing a team of c.3 individuals.
- Managing of month end process for head office companies only.
- Close working with Finance Manager – Reporting for finalising the monthly Group result and reporting. Also for ensure central costs are being recovered from trading divisions.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders on monthly results.
- Identifying cost reduction initiatives in the central functions.
- Support Group Financial Controller to prepare Group statutory accounts.
- Group Finance representative for ICT Business cases.
- Support Group FC to review and update DAM and Finance Manual on annual basis.
- Support Group FC in reviews of divisional balance sheets.
- Being the key point of contact for the external auditors for the head office companies.
- Support Group Financial Controller to prepare Group statutory accounts providing technical accounting advice.
- Significant involvement in identifying and implementing opportunities to improve existing systems and processes.
- Key Finance team member in development, implementation and testing of new ERP system.
To be successful in this role you will be ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with post qualification experience. With excellent at data manipulation, presentation and excel skills you will have stringent attention to detail, taking pride in the quality and accuracy of your work. Diligent and hard-working, you will be confident working under pressure with the ability to challenge processes and approach to deliver efficiencies. You will also have strong stakeholder management skills.
Desirable would be COINS / IFS systems experience along with an understanding of long term contract accounting, you will also have experience in both management and financial accounts.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.