Head of Transactions
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Transactions who will have overall responsibility for the centralised Accounts Payable, Credit Control and Payroll teams across the Group. With exposure to the executive and operational management teams, this is a diverse and challenging role for the right candidate, with a real opportunity for you to put your own mark on driving process and system improvement across the Group. Working from our Leeds site, this role will report directly into the CFO but would be working closely with the Group Financial Controller
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Team management of the AP, AR and Payroll teams which will incorporate a team of c.45 people.
- Establishing strategy and roadmap to achieve best of breed transactional function.
- Ensuring that business as usual processes are carried out accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure that cash is recovered on a timely basis from customers.
- Ensure that payments are made on a timely basis to suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance with Payroll laws and regulations.
- Working with the Finance Manager – Treasury to input into cash flow forecast.
- Input into cash calls and individual supplier and customer calls when required.
- Working with Procurement functions across the business to maximise rebate revenue and cash management.
- Involvement in working capital management processes and reporting.
- Building a strong rapport with divisional Heads of Finance and the Procurement Senior Leadership team.
- Assist in supporting senior management on ad-hoc projects.
- Ensuring that the relationship between the business and external suppliers and customers are well managed.
- Engaging with the business to improve processes and improve reporting.
- Delivering weekly and monthly KPI reporting to Group Financial Controller & CFO.
- Driving process improvement and system changes to create best of breed transactional teams.
- Taking a lead role in reviewing and drafting key finance policy documents for the business.
- Taking a lead role and working with ICT on system requirements for the functions.
- Working closely with Group Financial Controller to review the DAM and Finance Manual on an annual basis.
To be successful in this role you will hold significant experience of managing multi-divisional transactional teams and a history of successful process change with the ability to challenge the status quo. Desirable would be a relevant finance qualification (ACA / ACCA / AAT / CICM) and COINS / IFS systems experience along with an understanding of long term contract accounting.
With strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with the team, the business and suppliers, you will also poses good planning and organisational skills with the ability to balance and prioritise work. With excellent Excel skills you will be able to demonstrate attention to detail, taking pride in the quality and accuracy of your work. You will have strong stakeholder management skills and will be able to remain calm under pressure to deliver to stakeholders expectations. You will be able to lead and motivate the teams.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.