Accounts Payable Manager
NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit an Accounts Payable Manager to work within our centralised transactions team. This is a high profile role within wider group finance, with exposure to the senior finance and operational management teams and will be responsible for managing the centralised Accounts Payable. This position will be based from Leeds and will report directly into the Head of Transactions.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Managing of day to day operations of the Accounts Payable team which will include invoice processing, subcontractor processing and query resolution functions.
- Leading and developing a team of c.20 people.
- Reviewing supplier payment proposals prior to being sent for payment.
- The setting of weekly and monthly KPIs for the team and monitoring performance.
- Production of weekly and monthly reporting for the Head of Transactions and members of Senior Finance.
- Taking ownership of the purchase and subcontractor ledgers for four divisions and Group.
- Responsible for managing supplier relationships.
- Engaging with business to drive and improve process performance.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining systems, procedures and policies within the Accounts Payable function.
- Participate in the design and test of their new ERP system from an Accounts Payable perspective.
- Supporting the Head of Transactions with ad hoc projects.
To be successful in this role you will have significant experience of leading an Accounts Payable team, preferably in a multi-divisional environment. With strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with the business and suppliers, you will have good planning and organisational skills with the ability to balance and prioritise work. With successful process change experience and the ability to challenge the status quo, you will have excellent attention to detail and Excel skills, taking pride in the quality and accuracy of your work. You should have the ability to remain calm under pressure and remain delivery focused to support the business. Previous experience of COINS or IFS systems is desirable.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.