NG Bailey is the largest independent engineering, construction and services company in the UK. As a family owned business, with over 90 years in operation, we have a proud heritage, notably in the quality of our workforce and strong design and technical capacity. Our values of passion, integrity and excellence remain at the heart of everything we do.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Credit Manager who will be responsible for managing the centralised Credit Control team in Leeds. Reporting directly into the Head of Transactions, this is a diverse and challenging role with real opportunity to put your own mark on driving process and system improvements across the Group.
Key responsibilities within this position will include:
- Day to day management of the Credit control team monitoring all functions within the credit department.
- To recruit, train and mentor the credit team.
- Deliver best practice debtor management and risk management for the group.
- Produce and delivery timely and accurate management reports and KPIs.
- Review and improve the existing customer debt reporting in the business.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the Group Credit policy and other credit control specific documentation.
- Support the Head of Transactions on ad hoc projects.
- Take a key role on the cash calls within the business.
- Be the escalation point in the team to deal with high profile customers.
- Build a strong relationship with the divisional Heads of Finance and divisional Commercial teams to develop thorough understanding of customers and contracts.
- Work with the Finance Manager – Treasury to define and implement credit risk policy and processes.
To be successful in this role you will ideally be CICM - MCICM (Grad), MCICM, or ACICM (grad) qualified. With experience in leading a credit department, you will be able to demonstrate both tact and diplomacy, the ability to stand by a decision and to take a broad / compromising view. With a good telephone manner and excellent organisational skills, you will be a problem solver who enjoys thinking outside of the box. You will be able to demonstrate that you have successfully redesigned processes and can challenge the status quo.
Ideally you will also have experience of COINS / IFS along with experience of designing and implementing new reporting and management information in an efficient manner.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.