Six figure salary and benefits package
Huntsman currently has an immediate opening for a dynamic individual with proven capability as a Financial Director for its planned spin-off company (incorporating its current Pigments & Additives and Textile Effects Divisions) located from state of the art offices in Wynyard, North East of England.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals with 2015 revenues of approximately $10 billion. The chemical products (in the thousands) are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. Huntsman operate more than 100 manufacturing and R&D facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 15,000 associates within our 5 distinct business divisions.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Maintain effective working relationships with the external auditors regarding all financial reporting and disclosure matters, as well as expectation dates of completion of SEC filings.
- Have extensive interaction with Corporate Accounting, Tax Accounting, and Tax Planning and Strategy departments.
- Act as the Chair of Company’s Disclosure Committee related to all financial filings with the SEC.
- Lead and review work of a team of one manager and a staff responsible for preparation of (i) consolidated financial statements, disclosures and analysis, (ii) all financial filings with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, (iii) other external financial reporting, including annual reports to shareholders and investor relations support, (iv) external audit support schedules, (v) monthly consolidations and (vi) ad hoc financial analysis requested by the Controller.
- Perform technical accounting research and determine and document company positions in complex and/or judgmental accounting areas, which include business combinations/purchase accounting, stock-based compensation, restructuring activities, structured financings, derivatives, marketable securities, goodwill and intangibles impairment, other asset impairments, segment reporting, and revenue recognition.
- Perform technical accounting research on new accounting pronouncements; determine and document impact on the company and process for implementation.
- Coordinate and review work of third-party valuation experts used for purchase accounting and impairment reviews.
- Assist the legal department with preparation of the annual proxy statement and other non-financial SEC filings (Forms 8-K, S-8).
- Prepare responses to SEC comments related to accounting and disclosure matters.
- Ensure the current, accurate documentation of all processes and internal controls surrounding financial reportings, disclosures, purchase accounting and intangible assets for purposes of compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Must have the experience and ability to work with senior management in the development of all policies and practices related to controller activities. Must also have the ability to provide strategic financial recommendations to senior management including implications of all major policy decisions.
If you have the required skills and experience click apply now.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly