Closing Date: 11/11/16
Position Type: Permanent
SPAR UK is looking to hire a Financial Controller into their team in Harrow. The role's purpose is to provide accurate and compliant recording and reporting of all financial transactions. The role will also have overall responsibility for the timely flow of accurate financial information to the business and shareholders.
Details about the Client
SPAR UK has been an established brand for 50 years. They operate more than 2600 stores and revenues of £3 billion. The role sits in a central office that serves five regional distribution companies that make up SPAR UK.
Detailed Job Description
Based in SPAR UK's offices in Harrow, this is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a financial controller. You will be responsible for managing a very settled and long serving team.
You will be expected to be proactive in implementing and revising systems and processes. The main duties of the role include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing all company accounts and investments on behalf of SPAR UK
- Facilitating sharing of best practice by business partnering with regional Financial Controllers
- Preparing statutory accounts, tax statements and VAT submissions
- Working closely with the management accountants to produce budgets, trend and variance analysis
- Establishing, with the management accountants, robust financial forecasts
- Managing cashflow and ensure proper reporting of transactions
- Leading, managing and motivating the finance team
- Actively look for and suggest improvements to the accounting systems
- Liaising with external auditors
- Presenting to reports to senior stakeholders and board members
The role of financial controller at SPAR UK requires someone who is proactive in their approach to problem solving. You should have excellent technical knowledge and be comfortable managing a team.
It is essential that you have a professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA). Some experience of managing the finance function in an SME environment, dealing with auditors, tax authorities and banks.
You should be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders and representing SPAR UK both externally and to shareholders.
What's on offer?
The salary on offer for this role is in keeping with the calibre of candidate that we're looking for.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13766073Z