Finance Manager - High Growth SME
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000
Position Type: Permanent
A newly created opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join a specialist property firm based in central London.
Details about the Client
Our client has grown exponentially over the last 3 years investing in UK property and continues to grow at this rate. They are now in a position to push the business forward with investment going into new sectors.
Currently they are using 3rd parties for their finance function, they now recognise finance as being critical to their expansion plans and are seeking a Finance Manager to bring a number of these functions in-house and to support a respected and networked management team with internationally recognised success.
Detailed Job Description
This position reports directly to the Managing Director and will initially focus on setting up a finance function inline with the growth of the business.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets
- Implement financial policies and procedures
- Prepare management accounts, income statements and balance sheets
- Manage payroll and PAYE
- Manage VAT returns and payments
- Review and approve annual accounts, audits and reports for all company accounts and SPVs and its clients in various jurisdictions
- Prepare and reconcile bank accounts
- Implementation and administration of efficient and effective strategy to monitor and manage external partners who provide management services to our client or its clients
- Review finance and accounting reports prior to them being issued to Board members
- Liaise with external accountants to ensure all company filings are up to date
- Manage external tax and accounting advisors on transactions and ensure due diligence is completed accurately, timely and in a costly manner.
- Review external tax and accounting due diligence and report to the Managing Director and/or Board on the findings.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Professional finance qualification
- 1-3 years post-qualified experience
- Property sector exposure desirable but not essential
- Experience of bringing accounts in-house desirable
- Excellent communication skills
This position would suit someone who wants to enhance their career within a small finance function and wants hands-on experience of setting up a finance function.
What's on offer
On offer for the successful candidate is a basic salary of between £50,000 & £60,000 + benefits & discretionary bonus.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13766728Z