Group Finance Director
Salary: Up to £120,000 + car, bonus and benefits
Position Type: Permanent
Details about the Client
HLD Group was established to actively invest in industrial businesses, encompassing manufacturing, engineering and materials distribution, based in the UK, USA and Europe. The Group's particular focus is on businesses with revenues of £10m - £100m where business improvement is required to fulfil a company's potential.
HLD Group is led by two highly successful entrepreneurs and aims to complete six or more acquisitions a year. The Group considers itself to be a strategic investor in companies rather than a traditional private equity investor and aims to create a diverse group of industrial businesses. The portfolio is currently made up of 9 companies, all in the UK, with a combined turnover in excess of £100million.
Detailed Job Description
You will work alongside the Group COO and play an active role providing strategic and financial guidance to the Group's trading businesses. Your responsibilities will include:
- Directing and controlling finance staff across the Group
- Ensuring standardisation and accuracy of all company cashflow forecasts
- Developing and maintaining all necessary systems, policies and procedures within each trading business to ensure effective financial management
- Using financial data and analysis to ensure effective decision making across the businesses
- Providing financial advice and guidance to senior management teams to enable them to meet their objectives
- Developing and controlling the Group's annual operating budget to ensure all financial targets are met
The role offers significant challenge and the opportunity to test your skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment, working alongside some very capable people.
You will be a graduate calibre qualified accountant (preferably an ACA) with a successful track record in leadership roles in manufacturing/engineering. Ideally, you will have experience of working within the entrepreneurial sector, preferably in a private equity environment. Allied to this, you will need to be happy to get involved in detail and also having strong influencing skills. You must also be able to contribute to strategy and commercial decision making. To be a success at HLD, you will need to have a strong character, thrive in a fast paced environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
What's on offer
Up to £120,000 + car, bonus and benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13765653Z