To monitor, control and report on the Group’s treasury activity and to prepare management & statutory reporting for certain UK holding companies.
As Senior Treasury Accountant your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for accounting under IFRS and new UK GAAP for treasury instruments including: foreign exchange forwards & swaps, interest rate swaps, floating rate notes, loans and investments
- Responsible for setting up new hedge relationships and documentations in accordance with IAS39
- Production of the statutory accounts under new UK GAAP , audit and tax computations for certain holding companies and overseeing the resolution of any related tax queries
- Responsible for preparing key interim and year end notes in the annual report in accordance with IFRS 7, 13 and IAS 32.
- Key contact for internal and external auditors
- Provide in depth analysis of Vodafone Group’s financing cost explaining key movements in a clear and concise manner
- Develop and implement strong treasury processes and controls in the back/middle office
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on compliance with the Group’s treasury policy, including preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly treasury compliance reports for senior management
As Senior Treasury Accountant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of producing Statutory Accounts and Management Accounts
- Experience of treasury front or back office operations gained in multinational environment preferable
- Knows how to monitor actual performance against budget and undertake variance analysis
- Experience using a recognised TMS
- Experience using Bloomberg (not essential)
- AMCT/MCT qualification desirable (not essential)
As Vodafone continues to evolve, our commitment to innovation has never been greater. Already the world's leading mobile telecommunications company, our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 407 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce innovative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re creating it ourselves. It’s in our DNA to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.