Synergem Recruitment are working closely with this leading Manufacturing business in Wakefield to recruit an experienced Finance Analyst to sit within and support the Purchasing team. Reporting to and working closely together with the Director of Purchasing, this role will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of a standard purchasing measurement, tracking and reporting methodology
• Build a thorough understanding of the budget assumptions in selected direct and indirect purchasing spend areas
• Measure and report monthly cost evolution against the divisional budget assumptions for selected direct and indirect purchasing spend areas
• Build a thorough understanding of historical cost in selected areas of direct and indirect purchasing spend
• Measure and report monthly cost evolution against past actual cost in selected direct and indirect spend areas
• Consolidation and reconciliation of the above data with monthly Divisional P&L accounting reports
• Interaction with Group Finance to ensure compliance with agreed methodology across Business Units
• Training and Coaching of the above methodology and tool to the purchasing and Finance community
• Measure, track and report purchasing contribution on Working Capital
• Own, manage and update the Divisional Purchasing spend cube
• Support outside consultants on Purchasing projects as they arise
• Support the Central Purchasing team on ad hoc projects as they may arise
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrable experience of producing accurate financial information for a complex business to tight deadlines and have advanced excel skills. Must have excellent analytical skills and strong communication skills with the ability to communicate well with Senior Management. You will have strong Microsoft PowerPoint and presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected international manufacturing company in a high profile role.
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.