Financial Services Audit Manager
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. We've created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around shared enterprise.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
Today's financial services environment is the subject of increasingly rigorous governance, accounting and regulatory requirements. Grant Thornton's audit approach combines rigorous standards of professional independence and objectivity, with a methodology that focuses on critical risk areas and brings together our technical expertise with a detailed knowledge of our clients and the financial services industry.
What you'll be doing
- you'll be responsible for managing audit teams on specific assignments, with specific line management responsibility for a group of employees
- you'll assist the audit partner in establishing audit objectives and overall scope
- you'll control audits in relation to timescales, budgets and risk management procedures
- you'll ensure key matters which arise during the audit, which were not identified at the planning stage, are properly assessed and dealt with
- you'll remain updated on clients' business and act as a key contact for day-to-day queries
- you'll assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work
Who we're looking for:
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you'll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/CA/ACCA or equivalent)
- you'll have post-qualified experience in audit within practice
- you'll have experience of working on large audits and complex groups (ideally listed companies) in addition to dealing with complex technical matters
- you'll have the proven ability to support and mentor junior staff