Caxton Hill, Hertfordshire
SA Printing Group (SAPG) is a well-established provider of security printing and data services to governments and authorities in the UK and worldwide. The group comprises three operating companies – Stephen Austin (Confidential and Commercial Print/data services), DTL (Electoral Print and e-services) and GradeMaker (assessment software and data services).
Reporting to the Management Accountant and liaising with Finance & Business Managers to ensure business units receive appropriate commercial advice, support and financial control. Reporting into the Management Accountant you will possess passion and drive to play a key role, not only within the finance department, but also to be visible within the wider businesses. The position would particularly suit a newly qualified ACA/ACCA accountant looking for their first move from practice into industry.
Areas of Responsibilities
- Oversee the maintenance of the purchase, sales and nominal ledgers for all group companies.
- Oversee the maintenance of cashbooks and Fixed Asset Register.
- Responsible for effective credit control and debt recovery.
- Preparation and reconciliation of VAT returns.
- Production of reports for senior management, e.g. Monthly sales reports, sales & margin analysis, budget holders reports.
- Provide, to an agreed timetable, monthly Management Accounts for the Group companies.
- Provision of effective support to the Management Accountant in the production of Budgets, Cash flows, Statutory accounts.
- Identify and report on any areas where improvements to procedures could improve the reporting process.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis, reporting and investigation as and when required.
Apply for Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly