Head of Finance
Competitive Basic + Attractive Benefits
- Commercially focused leadership role supporting the MD as part of the company's Management Team
- Successful market leading FMCG business
Details about the Client
Founded in 1977, MH Foods Ltd have always had an accent on healthy eating, and are best known for their completely unique and patented Frylight cooking spray brand. Retail sales have grown to over £30m, from £8m since acquisition and the company now has c60 employees.
MH Foods Ltd are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Dairy Crest Group, who boast other market leading brands such as Cathedral City, Clover and Countrylife.
Based in Erith, Kent, MH Foods Ltd has ambitious plans to move forward, and the Head of Finance will have a fantastic opportunity to contribute to and influence the future growth and expansion of the company.
Detailed Job Description
The Head of Finance will enjoy a broad and varied remit. Partnering with the Managing Director and Leadership Team colleagues, you will ensure the successful completion and delivery of all key company strategic objectives. This will include involvement in the strategic planning for the company, supporting the functional and wider company development of an already high performance, collaborative culture, and leading initiatives to further improve a successful business.
You will head up the Finance function, and will be responsible for providing and developing a full system of financial control, insight and forecasting to the Managing Director, Management Team and Dairy Crest Corporate finance functions. It is essential that you manage the finance team to ensure that all information is provided in a clear, timely and accurate manner to support and influence decision making ad satisfy Corporate reporting requirements.
The role will require you to be involved in a hands-on fashion in all areas of the monthly accounts process, from payroll authorisation, accruals and prepayments and reconciliations, through to strategic budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis and the presentation of results at board level. You will also take a lead on capital projects and capital appraisals, including payback analysis where appropriate.
The Head of Finance will also assume responsibility for the management and development of the procurement and IT functions, including processes and services.
The ideal candidate for this highly visible position will:
- Be fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Have relevant experience - preferably gained within an FMCG food production or manufacturing environment.
- Be able to engage with staff at all levels and manage a small team.
- Be able to influence senior leaders, including the MD of MH Foods Ltd as well as senior management at Dairy Crest.
- Have the ability to extract and deliver clear and concise messages from complex and varied data.
- Have a desire and interest to fully immerse themselves in the operational running of the business, including the fulfilment of operational KPIs.
- Be highly IT literate - strong Excel skills and knowledge of Sage (200) would be advantageous.
- Demonstrate a high degree of broader business acumen.
- Have experience of managing change and delivering improvement plans.
- Be able to get to the site in Erith, Kent.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who wants to join a business at an exciting time, when it is braced for further growth and expansion.
What's on offer
The Head of Finance role offers a very competitive package which comprises:
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car allowance
- Pension - Defined Contribution Scheme
Death in Service
- Private Healthcare
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13767926Z