International Financial Controller
£75,000 plus benefits
As a result of continued growth the opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant with some international experience to join a high-growth consultancy business in a newly-created position based in London.
Details about the Client
Our client is a London-based international management consultancy firm specialising in procurement, with a track record of providing value added consulting to blue-chip clients and private equity owned businesses.
With strong private equity backing the firm is committed to becoming one of the largest and most respected procurement firms globally. They strike the perfect balance between being large in size and having an SME approach.
The current team has a strong focus on working towards their growth targets and does this with the entrepreneurial flair often found in start-up businesses. They are at an exciting phase in their development which brings the opportunity to join the finance team in this new International Financial Controller role.
Detailed Job Description
This International Financial Controller role is aimed at providing a breadth of exposure and development opportunity to an up and coming ACA qualified accountant. It will be moulded around the skill-set that the successful candidate brings. However, the responsibilities are likely to include:
- Take the lead on setting up international finance functions.
- Owning the month-end close process for European countries, driving forward timely reporting to assist country Managing Directors drive performance.
- Liaise with international operations teams to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review all international controls, propose and lead implementation of new and amended control procedures and processes when applicable.
- Oversee international cusomer invoicing procedures and ensure the accurate and timely recording of revenues.
- Liaising with international accountants, auditors and tax advisors.
- Partner with external auditors on the preparation of financial statements and facilitation of annual audits.
You'll have a sound technical understanding from you accountancy training in an environment working with IFRS and UK GAAP. You'll have an eye for detail a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. You'll be;
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable extensive experience in management accounting and international experience.
- Experience in international operations is required including establishing controls and managing financial / statutory reporting.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, and proven 'do-it yourself' attitude.
- High energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and appropriately prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
What's on offer
This is a newly created role and will evolve as the business continues to grow. Reporting to the Finance Director this position will be a ‘blank canvas' and would suits a high ambitious individual.
Being part of an international professional firm providing value added consulting to blue-chip clients coupled with an entrepreneurial, non-hierarchical style.
Headquartered in London, with offices in Denmark, France, Germany, Switzerland and the US
A truly international environment with over 30 nationalities on board
Opportunity to travel across Europe, US and other locations as needed
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPGW13764739Z