Assistant Financial Controller
Assistant Financial Controller – Overview
The role will involve supporting a specific customer account in all financial issues including preparation of reports, driving revenue and cash flow, working directly with customers. Reviewing business pre-sales contracts to mitigate risk, improve profitability, cash flow and revenue.
Reporting to the Finance Director and providing support in a wide range of financial and business aspects.
- Prepare and review the weekly and monthly reports, including weekly revenue report, monthly Profit & Loss Account, Overdue Invoice report Monthly Report & Ad hoc reporting.
- Provide detailed variance analysis of these reports and be able to investigate issues and follow them through to a conclusion.
- Review of on-going projects and reporting on profit & loss and working with project managers to provide financial support and guidance.
- Work with Account Teams to help develop financial support and ensure the business is acting within the processes and controls.
- Quickly grasp the financial and commercial aspects of contracts, especially outsourcing contracts. Review pre-sales contract to ensure risk is minimized, profitability and cash flow is maximized and IFRS revenue recognition policy is correctly reflected.
- Develop in-depth Customer Analysis. Including review of market and financial position.
- Provide support to FD in the pre-sales review of bids and contracts.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Focused to be able to work to set deadlines and deliver high quality work.
- Able to support and influence a wide variety of business partners.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 3 years post qualification experience.