Churchill Howard are working with an FTSE listed business based in South Birmingham to recruit a Financial Accountant. This fantastic Financial Accountant opportunity will allow the successful candidate to develop in a fast paced, goal orientated environment and will offer the option to progress within the group function or move into wider finance.
Financial Accountant – Role Profile:
- Consolidate both the statutory and management accounts including relevant commentary
- Provide financial input into the Annual and Interim Annual Reports
- Undertake a technical review of accounting standards and assess their impact
- Regularly review and revise the group accounting policies and accounting manual
- Promote technical updates across finance teams to ensure compliance
- Leading internal training sessions and attend external technical update sessions
- Work closely with Senior Management, including drafting board reports based on flash financials
- Analysing budgets and cost centres to understand key opportunities and risks to the business
- Owner of iXBRL submissions to HMRC
- Work closely with the group subsidiaries to understand their financials and performance
- Ensure full integration of any new acquisitions into Group reporting processes, and be involved in valuing any acquired intangible assets
- Engage with external auditors on plans and information required
- Liaise with Tax and Treasury department
- Ad hoc group finance project work
The role of Financial Accountant would represent a strong first or second time move for candidates coming from a practice background. They would be joining a business that is known for achieving exceptional results and developing their employees whilst doing so. They would also have the opportunity to use this role as a stepping stone into the commercial finance team, prior to gaining a fantastic knowledge of the business and how the finance team is run on a day to day basis.
Ideally, you will be an exceptional communicator with strong technical knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and you will hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ ICAS/ ACCA or equivalent).
Applicants of all ages and backgrounds with the relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply. Churchill Howard acts in its capacity as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for temporary recruitment.