Head of Finance
Accountancy Action is currently working witha reputable business based in West London in order to find them an experience Head of Finance.
The role will report into the CFO and will manage the finance function on a day to day basis. The person appointed must be able to complete quarterly management accounts and final accounts through to audit. You will lead a small finance team and must be able to work with very senior staff in a strategic way, preparing budgets forecasts, managing externally funded projects, monthly salaries and providing financial information government bodies.
The successful candidate will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified and will have an exemplary academic background. You will have management experience knowledge of SORP accounting and reporting requirements. In depth knowledge of Sage and Excel are required, and you will be literate with other Microsoft Office suite programmes, including word processing and database systems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Management of daily financial systems and processes and recommendations of improvements.
- Monitoring of bank accounts and checking and authorising all payments.
- Preparing monthly management accounts with investigating and reporting of variances against budget/forecast.
- Monitoring cash positions and managing cash flow forecasts.
- Provision of cost breakdowns for each element of research projects.
- Creating annual budgets.
- Liaison with staff within the organisation, in close cooperation with the CEO, to prepare the budget.
- Management of external audit process.
- Collection and collation of payroll information monthly.
- Review of payroll on receipt to ensure payment to all employees/trainers and HMRC.
- Ensure the Year End return is reconciled and P60’s are distributed to all employees.
- To report to Finance Audit and the Board on quarterly management accounts, budget and other ad hoc matters as requested.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
Accountancy Action Ltd is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.