Consolidaiton & Projects Accountant
Robert Half Finance and Accounting (Financial Services) are recruiting a Project Accountant to join an Insurance Company based in London. This is a great opportunity to join a market leading organisation that is currently enjoying a period of substantial expansion.
- Help create a new consolidation centre. This would involve developing processes and implementing system changes to help consolidate data from the company divisions for US GAAP and Economic Capital.
- Prepare reporting packs for group consolidation.
- Build processes to deliver the company local performance reporting and assist in building the divisional economic capital reporting model.
- Develop policies, harmonise processes and procedures, applicable across Business Units.
- Support business units on group/division tax issues. The successful applicant will have the following experience/qualifications:
- ACA or ACCA with minimum 4 years PQE, mainly in a technical accounting environment
- Strong understanding of insurance industry with reinsurance/life/life reinsurance knowledge preferred
- Deep understanding of: financial reporting process design and maintenance, internal control systems and how to maintain them, Financial accounting/reporting systems (preferably experience of one or more of SAP, PeopleSoft, Moses)
- Current knowledge in key development areas (IFRS, Sarbanes Oxley, US GAAP, etc.)
- Ability to communicate technical views to senior management community
- Life Insurance Experience
Salary & Benefits
- This is a Fixed Term contract for 12 months paying £70k.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.