Assistant Finance Manager
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently working with a FTSE listed business based in Edinburgh to recruit an Assistant Finance Manager to the team.
The role will be responsible for providing commercial and financial support and to continuously improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to any commercial activities undertaken.
In order to be successful for the Assistant Finance Manager role, you will be a driver with your won transport as travel to other sites is required.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Finance Manager will include:
- Provide commercial financial support to Business Unit Managers and Contract Director
- Support the forecasting and budgeting process to ensure robust and challenging targets are set
- Provide accurate reporting and management information as required
- Ensure correct pricing structures are in place and adhered to
- Effectively analyse all in unit costs and report any findings to Manager
- Strive to reduce all types of business costs whilst pursuing quality and innovation
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all financial returns for weekly and monthly accounts
- Ensure financial implications of clients contracts are understood and enforced
- In conjunction with Business Managers and Contract Directors discuss finance implications or new/ additional opportunities
- Ensure accurate budgeting and forecasting
- Ensure accounting entries comply with Group Accounting Manual
- Ensure all company, client and legal requirements, processes and procedures are implemented effectively and attend client and internal review meetings
- Maintain a full understanding and management of ERP system as applicable to contracts
- Provide relevant and timely information to support operations and central functions
- Set up, monitor and maintain and develop financial control and reporting system for contracts in line with company and client requirement
- Conduct regular and accurate variance analysis and site performance monitoring
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by your line Manager
The successful Assistant Finance Manager:
- Part-qualified ACCA / CIMA
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High numerical and analytical skills
- Driving license and own car to travel to other sites
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills
What's on offer for the Assistant Finance Manager?
- Salary between £30-35k
- Study package
- Excellent company benefits