Our client is a start-up business within the technology industry in a rapidly growing market. To support business demands they are looking for an experienced SME Financial Controller on a part time basis two days per week.
You will take responsibility for all areas of finance reporting into a Part Time Finance Director. Based in Central Oxford they currently have no parking but are within easy reach of the railway, park and ride and bus station.
Duties will include
- Process purchase invoices, expenses, credit cards and payments on Xero
- Set-up payments on HSBC internet banking for subsequent approval
- Process sales invoices and debt collection
- Liaise with payroll bureau and process monthly payroll journals
- Use spreadsheets to track grant costs and R&D tax credit costs each month, including grant reporting as needed
- Run all month-end accounting processes including bank reconciliations, accruals & prepayments, depreciation and month-end journals to produce P&L and Balance Sheet in Xero
- Produce quarterly VAT returns and submit to HMRC
- Preparation of year-end papers to support external accountants’ producing statutory accounts
- Assist with general office management, filing etc as required
- Support the Finance Director in other accounting matters as requested, including but not limited to forecasts and annual budgeting
This small business has a friendly down to earth environment with many extra benefits offered to staff. It is essential you have all round SME experience, can use initiative and be organised. You will have excellent communication skills to work with very bright individuals many of which have little knowledge of finance.
THE ROLE IS BEING OFFERED ON A TEMP TO PERM BASIS FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE