Our client is a market leader in its sector with a turnover of c£2m who are looking for a Financial Controller to join their team in Dartford.
- Help set strategies and direction.
- Lead the commercial teams to business growth.
- Optimise opportunities, balancing risk and reward with minimising costs and optimising profitability.
- Provide sound commercial and financial advice support. This will include liaising on quotations for new business and supporting contract negotiations.
- Management of some non-financial staff, head up the accounting function, ensure accurate and timely preparation of information including accounts.
- Assist with management professional relationships.
- Oversee administration including: employment contracts, purchasing, insurance, property, IT
- Continually drive for efficiencies, improving systems, procedures and reporting
- ACA, ACCA, ACMA or an exceptional QBE.
- Enthusiastic with a “hands-on” approach.
- Sound technical, commercial and financial skills.
- Confident with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Widely experienced in life and business
- Well-developed commercial acumen coupled with a desire to get into the detail.
- Ideally experienced within a B2B manufacturing environment.
- A team player with excellent leadership qualities.
- Whilst technical financial and accounting skills must be a given, a broader interest in an understanding of the business, how it works and the challenges it faces are also essential.