Location: Central London
Robert Half Risk & Compliance are currently seeking an Internal Auditor to join an Insurance firm in Central London.
The mission of Corporate Audit is to provide objective, independent, risk-based internal control evaluations throughout the company, to support the company's Sarbanes-Oxley compliance initiatives through timely and professional advisory services and objective evaluation of key controls. The Auditor - International has an integral role in accomplishing this mission.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of CRSA process.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develops audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of issues and findings including recommendations for improvement.
Qualifications, Education & Work Experience
- Educated to 'A' level or degree standard preferred (BA/BS in business-related field)
- Professional qualification in accountancy, internal auditing, systems auditing, e.g., ACA, MIIA or CISA a plus.
- 1-3 years knowledge of the London property and casualty business, including working with Lloyd's preferred.
- Travel up to 15%
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.