Project Accountant - Utilities
6 Months Contract - Warwick
My client is looking for an Investment Accountant to support the delivery of a portfolio of Investment projects, budgeted to spend £55m this year (FY17). The purpose of the role is to challenge costs, forecasts and programmes to ensure that they are accurately reflected in the project activity within its accounts. The role will also ensure that all projects are subject to appropriate controls and governance.
- Advise & Challenge Project Engineers to ensure that project forecasts are at all times thorough and fully considered. Includes ensuring accuracy of actual costs and forecasts and that effective controls are in place
- Liaise & Review with project/contract teams to prepare and analyse the estimated costs at completion and impacts to current and future years
- Support audits where required including analysing of monthly cost reports, identifying and sourcing required justification of costs.
- Undertake trend analysis and monthly review of performance against Target Cost with Cost Assurance Teams & Project Engineers
- Challenge and advise on Budget variance analysis to Target costs with lead support from project/core teams with the preparation of control of change control submissions.
- Responsible for understanding and raising financial implibcations associted with project variations and risk
- Ensure that all documents that are required for the monthly Project Review Meetings are prepared in a timely manner and are fully reconciled
- Main point of contact for all queries regarding Project Finance, finance policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all ad-hoc project cost reporting as required by the project teams.
- Support Project managers with completion of Fixed Asset additions and Project Closures in line with management/governance requirements
- Liaising with internal and external auditors for all financial matters relating to Projects as required
- Advising on RIIO financial implications
Skills and Experience
- Recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc)
- Must have experience of operating financial systems preferably SAP
- Challenge & review of expenditure with project team
- Capable of working within a virtual team environment
- Awareness of financial implications related to business risk
- Excellent stakeholder skills and able to liase with different business areas and at all levels
- Some travel (within the UK) will be required