Interim Finance Manager
This global logistics business in the West Midlands is looking to appoint an Interim Finance Manager to take ownership for multi-site finance operations for some of its most important contracts on a 6 month contract. This role will see you provide valuable commercial support to high-value contract customers, robust financial controls to many sites and the provision of management accounts (incl. detailed variance analysis, KPI reports and commentary) for senior operational staff - information used to directly inform important commercial business decisions for the contracts in the region. You will also be involved in operational planning.
Ideally, you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with demonstrable experience in a similar commercial finance role - ideally within a large logistics / distribution business
- Have extensive experience of providing financial support of a commercial nature to large contract clients in a services business
- Be able to demonstrate instances in which you have been able to add direct value to your business area through cost-saving initiatives and general business / reporting improvements
In return, you will:
- Work in a senior capacity for global business, supporting some of the most lucrative and significant contracts that the business has in the UK
- Complete autonomy in your role, organising your own workload and generating / leading your own projects
- Be encouraged to exercise your commercial business acumen in terms of increasing margins and improving contract business
This operationally-focussed role is a great position for a talented, commercial qualified accountant to test their business and value-adding skills in an environment.