Interim Senior Finance Analyst
A temporary Senior Finance Analyst is required for a leading Market Research company. The purpose of the role is to provide financial analytical support, of both a routine and ad hoc nature, to the Financial Controller, Finance Director and the business. The focus will be on accurate and timely analysis, as well as driving process and reporting improvements in the areas of Revenue, Incentives, Sales and Gross Margin business reporting.
- Manage, review and challenge of monthly calculation of revenue (Revenue Recognition process) for the business, required understanding of the revenue recognition process and validation of the calculation.
- Review and investigation of the twice monthly report, used for revenue and gross margin reporting, as well as for sales commission calculation.
- Manage month end process for Revenue & Direct costs - liaising with shared service centre and the management accounting team
- Assist in transition of month end process to shared service centre
- Monthly preparation of the Revenue and Gross Margin analysis report to be used for investigation into client profitability
- Prepare and run Gross Margin reviews with the Sales team and follow up on investigations
- Prepare monthly management reporting pack for the Executive team
- Prepare monthly dashboard reporting to the Sales team
- Assist with the Forecasting and Budgeting process
- Ad hoc queries from the business and business leaders relating to sales, revenue and gross margin
- Supporting FC with periodic re-forecasting and budgeting process.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Qualified accountant preferred
- Revenue recognition
- Pipeline analysis
- Previous experience of Maconomy
- Experience across the finance function within a business including exposure to a job costing environment essential
- Excellent excel skills - data manipulation of large volumes of data required (c5,000 active jobs) essential