Accounts Payable Manager
My Client a Leading Educational Services business in London is looking for a Accounts Payable Manager to join their head office team.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounts the Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the day to day management of the accounts payable team with direct line management of 2 staff in accounts payable officers.
- In managing the accounts payable team: (a) To ensure that the creditors' ledger is operated accurately, efficiently and to agreed timescale, and ensure that the creditors are paid accurately and on time. (b)To ensure smooth operation of the weekly payment runs and adequate checks to ensure that the correct payments are made to the correct creditors. (c) To provide technical accounting advice on financial transactions and ensure accurate coding within the department as a whole
- To work with all finance colleagues in the preparation of the department's annual accounts and associated lead schedules for the external audit.
- To be proactive and take initiatives to review and make suggestions to improve processes and procedures in relation to accounting systems, reconciliation processes and procedures in accordance with accounting policies, financial regulations and best practice
- To be responsible for month end processes, ensuring that monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet control and bank accounts is carried out in compliance with departments internal control policy, taking the lead in the reconciliation of the payments bank account and other relevant control accounts, posting errors and completing year end activity to agreed deadlines
- To support ongoing development of our finance system and to ensure that the interfaces to Agresso takes place daily and the batches are posted accurately and timely.
- To keep abreast with changes in the policies that affect the Higher Education Sector and assist with any required implementations on an on-going basis.
- To develop financial reports and provide regular reporting on key performance indicators as agreed by management
- To provide excellent customer service, manage and maintain good relationship with the internal and external stakeholders, in particular our key suppliers
Successful candidates will AAT qualified. Candidates will have had experience in managing a small team, who has experience using Agresso software.