Our Client is an big player in the banking industry and is looking for an experienced management accountant to join their London office.
You will be required to:
- Lead on market and staff headcount analysis, reporting and budgetary approval process.
- Gather key input information to drive quarterly financial forecasting.
- Co-ordinate the annual budget setting exercise, acting as main liaison point both within your team and the Finance Business Partner.
- Support negotiation and analysis of tariffs charged to external counterparties.
- Analyse key business drivers to determine the appropriate allocation of costs across the group to the Bank's numerous functions and services.
- Serve as a point of challenge and financial control for expenditure across the group.
- Review and approve transactions processing work of junior colleagues.
Skills in a strong candidate will comprise:
- Knowledge of how the Bank operates in the financial markets.
- Accounting skills, with a good understanding of management accounts, financial controls and central services costing models (essential).
- An accounting qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent analytical skills, being capable of providing concise explanations of the cause of reported variances (essential).
- Competent user of Excel (essential). Advanced skills are advantageous.
- Ability to communicate clearly in person with a diverse range of stakeholders and through reports which make clear recommendations (essential).
- Self-motivated and be able to work under your own initiative (essential).
- Comfortable driving forward work which is sometimes unstructured and effectively prioritising several live deliverables (essential).
- Organised, responsible, capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines (essential).
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.