Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial Accountant (Travel)
£50,000 - £65,000 per annum plus Car plus 25% Bonus plus Excellent Benefits
Our client is a truly impressive organisation seeking a top calibre Senior Financial Accountant to join our FTSE 100 Leisure Client and one of the nation's best loved brand names.
This role is key to the Finance team's objective to deliver complete external reporting to agreed deadlines to a high degree of accuracy across various EU Subsidiaries. The role will also drive compliance with various financial controls and act as the key EU contact point for audits. You will also play a key role in the month and year end close process, in particular ensuring compliance with agreed checklist activities
- External Financial Reporting - plan and agree timetables with external advisors and auditors in UK, France, Germany and Ireland
- Ensure all activities required to be performed in order to deliver Financial Statements to deadlines are carried out
- Responsible for keeping all parties to the agreed timelines and communicating any deviation to the Finance Director
- Month and year end close - journal creation and review, responsible for owning certain areas of the monthly accounts and making entries or approving entries where appropriate and performing review of various balance sheet reconciliations
- Month end and year end close, responsible for monitoring checklist and calendars and making sure that Finance team members are complying to the deadlines
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for latest financial reporting standards and issues and educate other team members to any potential issues
- Internal audits - prepare audit working documents for all internal audits ensuring
The successful candidate will be ACA Qualified Accountant with experience of planning and managing the completion of financial audits. You will also have extensive understanding of how financial control environments operate. You will be able to work autonomously as well as having a strong attention to detail and passionate in ensuring delivery to timelines is achieved.
Given the relatively wide geographical spread and large number reporting entities within the group, this role will include a substantial amount of overseas travel.
On offer is the chance to propel your career within a business that has not only gained market dominance, but continues to show impressive growth and future strategy.
AGY - Vitae Financial Recruitment
We Exist To Be Different - Membership NOT Registration