You will have Business partnering responsibilities providing advice and guidance on capital projects , you will be assisting the Head Of Finance and the CEO on addressing various finance matters .
Our education client is looking for a Qualified Accountant with preferably Local Government / Public Sector experience / Education (Not essential) to join their busy Finance team.
This role will be supporting services, dealing with financial statements, understanding and producing balance sheets, completing finance calculations, and understanding the source of income to expenditure.
Salary - £38.000 - £45.000 DOE
· Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or CIPFA)
· Experience of computerised accounting systems and the major financial requirements of a large
· Experience of preparation of financial statements and other financial reports.
· Knowledcge of UK GAAP
- Graduate in relevant discipline.
- · To have worked in the Finance Department in an Educational or similar organisation.
Skills & Knowledge
· To have good understanding of current UK GAAP.
∙ To have indepth knowledge of Microsoft Excel for Windows and Microsoft Word for Windows.
Broad experience of popular PC applications including email, spreadsheets, databases and word
∙ Ability to prepare high quality financial reports and documents.
∙ Ability to interpret financial reports and budgetary information and ability to provide guidance and
direction to nonfinancial managers.
· Knowledge of VAT, and partial exemption methods.
∙ Knowledge of HE finance environment.
· Highly self-motivated
∙ Logical thoughtful approach, capable of supporting views with carefully thought out reasons.
∙ Able to communicate effectively both with colleagues within finance and outside of finance.
∙ Able to prioritise on key tasks/objectives
If the above interests you then please send your CV for more information.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.