Financial Reporting Accountant
You will have responsibility for preparation of monthly financial results and will have accountability for presenting them to the Group Reporting Manager and functional Head. There is a also a key requirement for the role to ensure adherence to financial policies, further develop the existing financial reporting and to actively look for process improvements. The successful applicant will be expected to deputise for the Group Reporting Manager as and when required.
Global insurance brand based in Brighton.
- Preparation of monthly management and statutory financial results; month end close process, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly actuals reporting for flash and full close for each of the business regions, along with variance analysis and commentary
- Develop financial reporting to meet changing business requirements
- Monthly cashflow analysis and reporting
- Ensure that all accounting and financial control policies are understood and applied within the business.
- Proactively working to improve the financial reporting processes and controls within the function and management of process documentation.
- Where required, deal directly with internal/external auditors, and prepare required reporting/documentation to meet requirements.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Have strong financial reporting background, ideally with good understand of insurance accounting
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Excellent Excel skills
- Highly numerate, with the ability to process financial data quickly and with a strong attention to detail
- Track record of exceeding business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, driven, high energy, with a team focus
- Demonstrable problem solvency skills
£400-£450 per day