P/T PLC accountant
My client, a listed FMCG business urgently requires a part time PLC accountant for a 3 day a week role.
- Manage all aspects of PLC accounting, budgeting and forecasting, including the preparation of analysis, reconciliations and related statutory accounts.
- Monitor and analyse PLC expenditure, working with cost centre owners as needed.
- Support the Assistant Group Planning & Reporting Manager on Treasury Back Office matters, including bank reconciliations, treasury confirmations and manual payments, and ensure the related accounting is appropriately reflected in the PLC general ledger.
- Liaise with regional office on invoice processing & payments, fixed assets accounting and expense claim processing & payments, to ensure the related accounting is appropriately reflected in the PLC general ledger.
- Liaise with external auditors on PLC related matters.
- This is an interim role, with an expected duration of 6 months.
- The role is part time based on 3 days per week. Some flexibility may be required during peak reporting periods..
- There is no management responsibility for subordinate staff to this role.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Accountancy qualification.
- Hands on experience of working with general ledger systems preferred (ideally JD Edwards).
- Experience of working with multiple currencies and foreign exchange.
- Experience of working in a large PLC
- Sound working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong Excel skills.