Group Financial Controller
Our client is a high growth, international, technology / software business with an impressive customer list. They are a market leader and have an outstanding management team with a demonstrable track record of growing and leading dynamic organisations. Due to consistent and on-going expansion they are now seeking a new Group Financial Controller to work closely with and report directly to the CFO. This is a highly visible, business-critical role and the new Group Financial Controller will be expected to play a key role in the future success of the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- FINANCIAL REPORTING –Provide detailed monthly management accounts and related management information, required by the senior management team and the board in a limited time framework
- FINANCIAL CONTROL – maintain the financial integrity of the accounts and deliver robust controls and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and between the systems
- STATUARY REPORTING – compile statutory accounts including consolidated accounts for the Group. Thereafter, liaise and deal with company auditors on all financial statutory matters as required and provide financial and accounting information as required by external agencies
- TREASURY MANAGEMENT – manage and monitor the daily cash position and report on performance against banking covenants
- IT / FINANCIAL SYSTEMS – take full responsibility for the constant management and review of financial systems
Applicants will be fully qualified with significant, demonstrable experience of managing financial controls and processes within a fast-paced, international organisation. Ideally applicants will have spent a period of time within a corporate environment and as such will have a strong appreciation of ‘best practice’. However, applicants must be comfortable working in a highly visible role in a dynamic, entrepreneurial SME with significant growth plans. It is also expected that applicants will have excellent knowledge of accounting standards including IFRS within a multi-currency consolidating environment.
Applicants will look to build and maintain a ‘best in class’ Group finance structure which is able to underpin and support expansion. As such, applicant will have solid systems skills, experience project management capabilities and be a strong business partner to both finance and non-finance stakeholders. Experience of working within a technology and / or software business would be highly advantageous, as would an understanding of SaaS models and revenue recognition.
Finally, the group Financial Controller will be expected to oversee a growing team of 6-8 people both in London and in other regions, providing financial support and advice to support the senior management team.
This role provides the opportunity to play a key role in the ongoing success of an innovative, disruptive business.