Head of Finance
Our client is a privately owned software consultancy working with a variety of high growth businesses. They are now seeking a Head of Finance to work closely with the COO to help drive the business toward a potential exit within the next 2 – 3 years.
Key duties will include:
- Act as the face of finance for the company
- Take overall control of the company’s day-to-day accounting function.
- Responsible for defining and managing the successful execution of all accounting procedures, financial arrangements and systems used by the Company and ensuring that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met regarding all the company’s financial affairs.
- Own the company budgeting process, collaborating with the other budget holders to prepare the company budgets and forecasts.
- Measure and report on the actual monthly performance against the budget for the Board, and monitor each budget-holder’s monthly budgets.
- Ensure that all the necessary financial information, KPI measurement and supplier contracts are maintained in such a way as to be appropriate for any future due diligence.
- Oversee and be responsible for the preparation and presentation of the monthly management accounts.
- Responsibility for the financial, HR and establishment budgets, and to report on the performance of the other divisional budgets.
- Suggest ways to manage costs more efficiently across the business.
- Ensure that the bookkeeper optimises the cash flow to the business, (invoicing, chasing debtors, paying creditors).
- Collaborate with, and where appropriate manage, members of the finance team to ensure the successful execution of the finance strategy and annual plan.
- Ownership of the preparation of financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, tax returns and reports for Government regulatory agencies.
- Ownership of the company pension scheme.
- Ensure that successful relationships are maintained with external professionals, legal and financial bodies e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers, invoice finance providers and statutory organisations such as HMRC ad provide support in this respect when required.
- Maintain company policies/strategy regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, exchange rates risk etc.
- In conjunction with the Board, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income and new product areas.
- Identify any issues or risks relevant to your role and communicate these to the Leadership Team and other relevant parties at the earliest opportunity with suggested solutions or mitigating actions.
You will be a fully qualified accountant with excellent technical finance skills and the ability to add value in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial organisation. You will have demonstrable experience of working within an SME and will ideally have worked in a consultancy business and so understand billing for time, revenue recognition and WIP. You will have strong systems skills alogn with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.