This Leeds based FTSE 100 group are currently looking for a Reporting Accountant to join their expanding team. You will work in the Multi-Client finance team and support the Heads of Finance. The role will be varied and involves consolidating and generating financial information for the month end, preparing month end reporting for the FD and Division in addition to supporting decision making and adding greater insight into the business as well as ensuring financial control is maintained.
You will be involved in the monthly reporting cycle as well as annual business planning and ad-hoc analysis, projects and process improvements. The person needs to be a qualified accountant with technical experience, excellent analysis skills and an ability to understand the underlying issues. Similarly this person needs to be confident dealing with all stakeholders including senior management, a good communicator and be able to prioritise effectively and use their initiative.
You will be responsible for:
- Support the monthly reporting cycle including consolidation across business units at month end
- Generation of monthly reporting to assist in month end preparation and post month end analysis
- Detailed financial analysis and presentation of results and other financial information to support decision making and the wider team
- Analysis and presentation of complex financial information to fulfil senior management and divisional requests
- Cash and working capital management to optimise collections and minimise WIP and debtor balances through working with contract accountants
- Support the annual business planning process to set the budget for the next financial year
- Continually develop processes and improvements across the team
- Manage systems and ensure adequate controls are in place
- Support the external audit
You will be able to demonstrate:
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment and ability to prioritise a changing workload and use initiative
- Good communication skills with the ability to present complex financial information
- SAP experience beneficial but not essential
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business.