One of our Venture Capital clients owns a small (£3m t/o), but rapidly growing specialty packaging company that provides packaging products used by FMCG and beverage companies. They are in need of a new part time Finance Director 2 to 3 days a week.
- Stabilise the finance department.
- Review and monitor the company's financial performance.
- Review and devise adequate planning and control systems.
- Develop and implement plans that reflect the objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Go beyond traditional CFO responsibilities by challenging management assumptions, etc.
- Qualified accountant with 10+ years post qualification experience gained in a commercial environment.
- Strong commercial awareness; the business needs more than a simple accountant type.
- Experience within the packaging sector would be a plus.
- Capacity for pushing through change and achieving the desired results.
- Strong leadership, relationship building & people management skills.
- Experience of working with one or more banking relationships.
- Experience of having worked with private equity / venture capital.