Investigo are currently partnering with a global media and entertainment business based in Central London who are looking for a Financial Controller to join their business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically strong finance professional to join a truly global company at a level which has scope across the whole the business.
In this Financial Controller role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the financial reporting is timely, accurate, reliable and supported by qualitative analysis.
- Ensuring all significant transactions are reviewed for appropriate accounting treatment
- Ensuring consistency in accounting
- Overseeing monthly close activities performed by the shared service centre, instruct on any judgemental or non-recurring entries to be made and approve certain journals
- Reviewing monthly P&L with the FP&A team to ensure completeness and accuracy and instruct shared service centre on any corrections or adjustments to be made.
- Reviewing balance sheet variance analyses, rollforward schedules and quarterly/supplemental schedules
- Reviewing account reconciliations
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly payroll
- Managing the statutory reporting process including engaging with external auditors, obtaining supporting documentation from the shared service centre, preparing statutory adjustments and work with auditors on drafting annual reports
- Oversee and own execution of local controls and support compliance needs
- Perform cash flow forecasting
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Be a fully qualified with extensive post qualified experience - ACA qualified with an audit background is essential.
- Have solid local GAAP experience.
- Have demonstrable understanding of technical accounting and tax competencies
- Have SAP experience
- Have the ability to deal with tight and changing deadlines, remaining calm under pressure