Interim VAT Manager
An excellent VAT consulting opportunity for an experienced Indirect Taxes professional
A globally recognised Financial Services organisation with significant investment and retail banking operations
- Primary areas of responsibilities to include:
- Procurement review for VAT. Assess current purchasing arrangements within the Firm for material expense categories (e.g. Market Data, Consulting, etc.) to identify any VAT inefficiencies (e.g. Direct billing and Global contracts arrangements).
- Review the procurement, contracts, invoicing and internal charge back flows put in place for the major expense categories.
- Identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for VAT optimisation, execute on opportunities.
- Other ad-hoc VAT project work.
VAT Planning & Advisory
- Advising the business on implementation of guidelines and/or processes to meet tax related requirements.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
- Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
- Assisting in the VAT compliance processes in UK including deciding on tax positions, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of VAT returns. Support in dealing with local tax authorities on VAT matters, including preparation and/or review of submissions to the tax authorities.
You will ideally be:
An experienced Financial Services Indirect Taxes professional with proven experience of VAT efficient procurement structuring within a multinational being highly desirable.
Up to £450 a day