This multinational Insurance and Reinsurance business specialising in working with clients who provide Life, Critical Illness, Income Protection, Hospital Cash, Underwritten Annuities and Longevity products is looking for someone to join their business as a Finance Accountant reporting in to the Finance Control Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting business utilising experience built up with your time in Practice.
Responsible for the Limited company and the Group's compliance obligations for the Solvency II Pillar III Reporting, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining integrity of underlying books and records for the entities
- Perform Financial Close Process for quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting to the authorities
- Managing quarterly and annual reporting process by ensuring deadlines are met jointly by the Finance and Corporate Actuarial Department.
- Prepare and present Quarterly and Annual MI Packs to senior management, CFO and Chief Actuary.
- Delivering high quality output for quarterly and annual reporting e.g. Quantitative Reporting Templates ("QRTs"); National Statistic Templates ("NSTs"); Sections of the Solvency and Financial Condition Report and Regulatory Solvency Reporting.
- Maintaining and regularly update the Solvency II Policy Documents.
- Preparing Board and Audit Committee Packs as required.
- Being the first point of contact for the auditors.
Responsible for quarter and month end accounting and control for US GAAP and IFRS Reporting Basis, including but not limited to:
- Technical Provisions.
- Reinsurance Receivables and Payables.
- Corporation tax.
- Responsible for preparing technical accounting papers to support accounting treatment under USGAAP, IFRS and Solvency II.
- Ad hoc projects and requests from Director, Financial Control and Treasury or Financial Control Manager.
Skills Knowledge and Experience
- Newly qualified ACA accountant working within the audit department of preferably the Big 4
- Financial Services Experience (preferably insurance).
- Self starter with a desire to develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Proactively provides accurate and timely updates on status of work and escalates issues.
- Demonstrates an appropriate level of technical skills for their role and an appreciation of current issues affecting their profession and the life reinsurance industry.
- Is able to deal with challenging deadlines and prioritises effectively.