Practice Audit senior, qualified accountant, channel Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, £42,000 ACCA
Your new company
Working with a key top 10 name in a chartered Practice my Channel Islands (Jersey/Guernsey) client is now looking for an Audit Senior qualified accountant for a long term career on the Island just off the UK.
Working in the Channel Islands, you will experience a whole new life style and way of life within beautiful surroundings with an excellent work to life balance and amazing prospects to advance your career in Britain.
This Audit vacancy within a Practice is predominantly in the Banking and financial services sector so candidates with this experience will be at an advantage.
You will be ACA/ACCA qualified with 2 years post qualification experience and ideally you will already have a right to work in the United Kingdom due to the urgent nature of the need that my client has.
Assignments are likely to include a certain amount of ad hoc work on acquisition due diligence and control documentation and assessment assignments. Work should be performed with limited supervision.
* Responsibility for planning including budgeting resourcing, coordinating manager and partner, audit software, client meetings and visits.
* Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
* Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to other seniors and assistants.
* In light of the above produce a costed work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
* Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
* Produce the Client Audit Plan to detail the above strategy to the client. Be involved in the delivery of the CAP to the client.
* Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
* Organise, prepare agenda for and chair team meeting and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team. This is to include all team members not just audit.
* Ensure team member's objectives have been set.
* Ensure all Manager and Partner review points noted and cleared.
Controlling the Assignment
* Where appropriate, allocates work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
* Completes the complex areas of the assignment.
* Provides on the job training to assistants and seniors.
* Reviews the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage. Encourages other seniors to provide feedback to assistants.
* Ensures work of assistants has been reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review.
* Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
* Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
* Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
* Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax) and pass on all relevant information.
* Be aware of developments concerning client's affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
* Ensure completion of Financial Statements and closedown of audit files.
* Ensure standards and procedures maintained by whole team and complete audit file presented with review points cleared.
* Draft audit opinion summary for the Manager and Partner and draft management letter and any other reporting documents, including group reporting and audit committee papers.
* Provide constructive feedback for the completion of staff appraisals on the assistants and seniors and 360 degree feedback on managers and partners.
* Where applicable, prepare draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by clients.
* Keep technically up to date.
* Ensure awareness of firm's specialist services and publications.
* To maintain time records and appraisal records.
* Complete assignment reviews within two weeks of the end of engagement and ensure partner sign off (for both own and other members of the team).
* ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
* Experience of working as an Audit Senior or Assistant/Trainee on banking clients.
* Demonstrates and applies advanced technical, commercial and industry knowledge to the role, identifying issues and solutions.
* Actively seeks to enhance expertise and knowledge.
* Pro-actively identifies client need and keeps them informed of project status as appropriate.
* Develops and maintains relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
* Begins to develop a network of client contacts.
* Takes ownership of projects, effectively delegates to others within the team and takes responsibility for quality control.
* Acts as a role model for the team and values others expertise.
* Provides assistance, shares experiences, provides meaningful feedback and proactively supports the development of others.
* Commitment to self development.
* Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness.
All in all, this is a magnificent opportunity to work in a lovely area of the World and the reward and benefit package is extremely comprehensive with the possibility that a relocation package could also be available dependent upon your circumstances of travel.
I have personally lived on the Island for 7 years so can describe the lifestyle and answer any questions that you might have.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers