Elevation Senior Finance are currently looking to recruit a part qualified Commercial Analyst on behalf of growing marketing business based in Huddersfield.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager this is a high profile, commercial, business facing role aimed at driving business performance. The organisation is set for a sustained period of growth and the Commercial Analyst will be a key support to the business in the provision of a high quality business analysis and reporting service to assist in understanding the financial performance and key trends of the organisation. The role will encompass periodic management reporting, planning and forecasting, budgeting, business reviews and ad-hoc analysis. Business case preparation and analysis in accordance with strategic priorities. These roles are important to ensure delivery of financial performance contributing to the organisation's strategic goals.
Key Responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the Commercial Manager in the performance of a full finance business partnering service to the business
* Providing a financial decision support service in evaluating and analysing business performance and preparing financial proposals to assist in ensuring expected business returns are targeted and achieved
* Support the development and delivery relevant and timely periodic reporting, sufficient to enable the senior management team to understand commercial performance against key levers and KPIs
* Preparation and submission of high quality financial and business reports in accordance with set timetables, ensuring effective liaison with the Business Services Finance team and the business
* Supporting the Commercial Manager in ensuring optimum financial performance and operating cost efficiencies
* Evaluation and subsequent monitoring of proposals to improve the operating model and cost base, working with colleagues across the business to ensure benefits targeted are fully delivered
* Supporting the preparation and analysis of planning and forecasts for the portfolio and business, and rolling forecasts
* Pro-actively investigating variances in expected financial performance, whether positive or negative, to identify the root cause and pro-actively inform and, as necessary lead in taking corrective action
* Preparation, financial appraisal and analysis of business cases submitted for capital and investment as required
* Contributing towards a high performing team, taking control of self development to provide opportunity for personal advancement in the organisation
* Help build, lead and motivate a high performing team, creating space for direct reports and talent to develop and facilitating succession planning
The successful candidate will be a part qualified accountant or have experience of financial analysis and management reporting gained in a fast paced environment. You will possess strong inter-personal skills and be used to working to and meeting tight deadlines. In addition you will have outstanding numerical analysis skills with a high level of accuracy and the ability to understand commercial issues and trends. The roles offer unparalleled career development opportunities.
If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would love to hear from you.
* Accountancy Jobs or Accountancy Recruitment
* Finance Jobs or Finance Recruitment