Sellick Partnership is exclusively recruiting a Finance Director to work within a reputable Insurance/Financial Services organisation within the Crewe area. The company has grown by 35% within the last year and has huge growth plans to double within the next 5 years! This position is on a permeant basis and is an ideal opportunity for someone from an Insurance background to join an excellent dynamic team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage, lead and develop the Finance and Accounts team through the periods of month end, year end and annual budgeting.
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Ensuring the company adheres to local taxation rules and Inland Revenue submissions including the filing of sets of accounts at companies' house.
- Work with senior teams to grow the business, conduct competitor analysis and formulate strategic plans.
- Effective management and control of all capital and revenue budgets.
- Ensure corporate budgeting processes are carried out, adhered to and reviewed.
- To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions, particularly those relating to purchase ledger, sales ledger, HMRC, payroll, nominal ledger and cash and banking.
- To be responsible for the preparation of appropriate financial reports and annual accounts to present at Board Meeting and to investors.
- To plan and prepare financial management documents.
- To be fully conversant with new initiatives, new legislation and modern thinking in all matters relating to the financial management of the company and to advise the Board and CEO accordingly.
- Corporate finance: manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, insurers and colleagues.
- To carry out any other tasks that will, from time to time be allocated by the Chief Executive on an ad hoc or continuing basis, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post.
The successful candidate will have…
- A qualification within CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CIPFA.
- Proven experience within an insurance industry is desirable but not essential, however knowledge of the industry and regulations would be very beneficial.
- Significant experience at financial controller level within a large customer driven and regulated environment.
- Experience in direct management and control of a minimum £15m turnover operation.
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team.
- Proven experience of budget preparation, setting, monitoring and financial forecasting.
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data.
- Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members.
- Exceptional communication skills all levels.
- Have the ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure, be self-motivating and have excellent time management skills.
- Good knowledge of current accounting software systems.
If you are interested in the above position and feel your experience matches the criteria please apply now for immediate consideration.
Sellick Partnership is a market leader in financial recruitment, offering temporary, contract and permanent solutions. Over the last decade we have built up an enviable relationship with key employers, and our expert team of consultants boast up to date market knowledge and a strong reputation, making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.