Group Financial Controller
To £80,000 Plus full Benefits and Bonus
The client is an established and successful Group, which sells and distributes a wide range and large number of products. They have a number of operating subsidiaries, and distribute their products through a UK multi-channel distribution network. Activities are predominantly B2B, with some B2C, and there are a high volume of transactions and a substantial turnover. Reporting to the FD, the role will provide high quality and accurate commercial finance support to Business Managers across the Group together with the highest standards of financial control, compliance and reporting. Responsibilities include;
- Manage the Finance department of some 30 staff, including recruitment, deployment, organisational structure, and the mentoring and training staff.
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
- Manage and coordinate all accounting operations.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial information to drive the business to achieve its goals.
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory reporting throughout the Group.
- Manage tax and regulatory/compliance reporting activities.
- Prepare, analyse and provide commentary on MI, including margin analysis by business sector, group wide P&L and balance sheets.
- Manage the cash flow forecasts across the Group.
- Financial business cases for investment
- Develop business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- To offer professional judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Liaison with all external bodies and accountants.
We are looking for a qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA or ACMA, capable of managing a large team. We need someone that can liaise with subsidiary companies, provide timely and accurate reports to the FD, and manage ad hoc projects as required. You will need to be computer literate with experience of improving systems, and be results orientated, a good team player and manager, comfortable in a corporate environment, with ambitions to develop.